Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mother's Pendants


Now that the gifts have been delivered, I can post pictures of what I was asked to make for two friends. One, a mom of a little boy named Liam, and the other, her sister, new mom to Roman. Katie, the mom of Liam, asked me to make these for her and for Dominique as Mother's Day gifts.

I might have to make something similar for myself.

of course, now I must buy more tools. I need a Swanstrom Disc Cutter, and the Euro-Tool Power Punch, and many, many font stamps, and of course, design stamps and more sheet metal and oh! a rolling mill!!! YEAH!

Um...and a pickle pot and soldering torch...and solder...and hammers....

I love tools.

6 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

I love the two pendants you made! I know what you mean about buying tools. There are so many out there that mom and I would love. The disc cutter would come in handy, especially for smaller circles instead of hand-sawing the things out. We also would love to have a huge cutter to cut the copper and a tree stump to form our bowls and the list endless!
Have a great weekend.

Pretty Things said...

Very sweet!

Unknown said...

Love the pendants! Isn't it funny how we make all these items for other people and very rarely ourselves? LOL!

Definately spring for the Swanstrom cutter...I recently invested in one...it's divine!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and made for friends...the best art!

I'm addicted to tools. I giggle and drool over any tools catalog. I even raid my husband's bench for things I think I NEED and he doesn't!!

Have a creative and wonderful Memorial Weekend, dahling :)

jessememan said...

I like!!! I want those tools as well :)

Cindy said...

Hey Christine,
you did a fabulous job with these circles if you didn't use a disc cutter! I love my Swanstrom cutter but don't use it often enough. Been doing more free form shapes with metal sheers.
Have a great weekend! :-)
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails