Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Drinking the Kool-Aid

How many of you know the origin of my Kool-Aid reference in the title? :)

And no looking it up on Urban Dictionary! ;)

...

......


Anyway.....I have decided to add another layer of social networking to my already-networked life. Yup. I'm on Twitter now. Go find me @hotpieceofglass and follow along!

(I can't wait to get a smart phone now....joining the 21st century, that's me! ;) )

.............................

And for today's jewelry-related content that I just know you all are waiting anxiously for (ha!)....

I found a robin's nest with four tiny blue eggs in it the other morning, and HAD TO make some egg beads. These are them:
This is the nest:

How cool is it that I could make beads that look just. like. that!? :)

Now I have to decide how to use them....

2 comments:

Carol Tannahill said...

Robins eggs. Hmmm. Great idea! Must pinch it. Koolaid at Jonestown? Don't drink the grape.

TesoriTrovati said...

Just say no to Jim Jones!

I love the eggs.
We have a full glass front door and transome (some thing I will rectify someday, I feel like it is a fish bowl that I live in!)
This morning I came down to two robins building a nest on the ledge. But of course whenever we walk through the house they get spooked and hubby doesn't care for the mess. We have relocated it three times today and they keep coming back. I am betting that when I get home there will be a complete nest up there. I know they won't like the fish bowl effect either!
Enjoy the day!
Erin
P.S. I am not a tweeter so I will have to rely on your blog or FB.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails