Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Market Reflections


First, thank you to all my new friends and clients from this past Saturday at the South of the James Market! It was fantastic to meet you all, and I was glad to see some repeat clients from the previous week! Yay for glass goodness and new fun things to wear!

My sweet husband surprised me by bringing our little kids to the market AND my camera, and he took some nice pictures for me. Here's a shot of the market booth. Yeah, that's me calling him to ask him to bring my vise grip pliers.


I sold a good number of pendants this week, so I will be making more in the workshop! In fact, I've got some in the kiln right now! Plus, I will be working on more food-themed beads for earrings and pendants....more sweets (sundaes, cupcakes, a wedding cake, some sushi), some more veggies (especially peas! So many of you loved my necklace that I will make more!), and some more animals (turtles, owls, penguins, a manatee).

In the works for the coming weeks will be more finished jewelry -- especially bracelets and rings -- and the start of the holiday-themed glass....Halloween isn't that far off, and neither is Christmas.

Several people asked about lampworking classes.....yes! I do teach! I don't have a dedicated teaching studio (yet!), but we can work something out as far as location. I prefer one-on-one lessons, but will teach a maximum of three at one time. The basic beginner's introduction to lampworking class runs about three to four hours, and I supply all tools and equipment. Contact me for more information and to set up your class!

As always, there's more to come in the weeks ahead. You'll want to stay tuned for the updates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice setup! Hey, I had an idea for our first collaborative project exchange. What if we worked up some pieces with recycled glass? You know, melt some bottles, wire up some beach glass, that sort of thing. Wanna go for it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails