Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Friday, November 26, 2010

Birthday man, and Cupcakes!

Sorry I have been absent....the holiday this week has sucked up most of my time and I really needed the relaxation and hanging out time with the family. It's been a wonderful Thanksgiving with fun family time, plenty of leftovers and yummy good things to eat. I think today some of the turkey is becoming curried turkey salad, and I'll probably bake some bread later on. I don't do Black Friday shopping at all. I hate the way (some) people act and I don't really feel up to being in a crush of people. There's nothing I really want or need at the store THAT much.

Well, except for some 'Cars' plates and napkins, and maybe a bunch of balloons. Today is my son's third birthday! I can't believe this little guy is three already!

Here he is, all ready to go to a birthday party last Saturday for a little girl in his preschool class. We'll be having cupcakes and dinner out and a few presents later on today, and then my mom is coming tomorrow for even more cake and presents. It's a lot of cake, but I am a FIRM believer in marking one's birthday with cake ON the actual birthday. Every birthday should be a celebration.

*******************************

And now for the jewelry and glass content today...

I make glass cupcake pendants, and some of you may remember this summer, when I started selling them wholesale to a local cupcake bakery, designed to look like their cupcakes. I didn't know how well it would work, but people do love my cupcake necklaces. Imagine my surprise when the owner of the shop called me a few Fridays ago and placed a large order for necklaces and rings! I delivered them on Tuesday, and here is what I made them:

Ten of their 'Plain Jane' cupcakes on sterling silver ball chain necklaces:

And ten of their 'Red Velvet' cupcakes also on sterling silver ball chain necklaces:

Then eight silver wire-wrapped rings, four of the 'Plain Jane' and four of the 'Red Velvet':

If you are local to Richmond, Virginia, then get thee hence to Pearl's Cupcake Shoppe, on Grove Avenue, near Libbie. They have some of the most fantastic cupcakes ever, and also my necklaces, which make great stocking stuffers and gifts for little AND big girls!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy wonderful birthday to your son! Our granddaughter's 3rd b-day is Monday. They grow up so fast! Especially when there's happiness and birthday cupcakes around :)

And your glass cupcakes?? Rockin' big time. Love how you spread your art around for everyone to enjoy (no pun intended here but it works!)

Laura Twiford said...

I really like that you celebrate on the birthday itself, it is special. We always had a "it's your birthday" plate that the birthday person would eat their meals on for the day.

As for your cupcake lampworking, Christine they are incredible, you are so talented! I'm glad they are a good seller for both you and the bakery! And so much better for you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to the little guy! We make a big deal on the birth day too!

The little cupcakes are great! Little works of art.

Cindy said...

Happy belated 3rd birthday!!! I agree, birthdays always need their own over-the-top celebrations!
Oh my goodness. Christine, your cupcake art is incredible. I just want to take a bite. :-) Your necklaces are soooo sweet, and the earrings too. Red Velvet - you are so clever. I think you've found your niche. You make the glass cupcakes and leave the real ones to me.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails