Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beginner Beadmaking classes in Richmond, VA!

For all of you who are local to Richmond, Virginia....I will be teaching a beginner beadmaking class in March at ArtWorks Gallery!

The class is limited to four students, and you will learn all the basics of glass beadmaking, from safety and equipment, to setting up a torch, to making a variety of bead shapes and styles.

The details are as follows:

Class dates/times: Sunday afternoons, 1pm to 3:30pm on March 14,21, and 28.

Class fee: $120
Supplies and Materials: $50 (covers use of a torch and tools, the fuel, glass, and bead release)

Location: ArtWorks Gallery, 320 Hull Street, Richmond, VA

Contact me for a registration form and further information.

Additionally, there is a newly-forming glassworker's meetup group starting, which will be held at ArtWorks, and open to all students completing the beginner class, or those with previous lampworking experience.

Email me to let me know if you are interested in either the class, or the meetup group!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails