Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Saturday, December 6, 2008

A month!?

Whew, it's been more than a month since I posted to this blog. I know all of you are waiting with baited breath to see/ hear about the latest fun from me (haHA!), so I won't keep you waiting much longer. I did make some changes to the blog layout and design, though, so it's not like I haven't been here. :)

Let's see....my muse took off until the week before Thanksgiving, so getting ready for my show at ArtWorks gallery the day after T-day was a bit of a rush job. However, I did regain my creative mojo in time to develop these designs:


That's the 'Bar Bangle', a design made with silver and colored copper wire. And also beads, duh! Next up is this:

'Orbit' earrings. I'm a sucker for blue (and red!) glass, as you can probably tell. I do use other colors, though....like in this pendant, for example:

Tiger Stripes pendant, strung on a steel cable neckwire.

They're going up on Etsy today, so if you are interested, grab 'em! As always, if you are in Richmond, VA, let me know and you can avoid paying shipping and I will meet you in town somewhere to give you your goodies!

It's going to be cold today, so let's all pray for snow....especially you, Jen, out in Minnesota, where I am sure you already have snow. We'd like some, too, so share, ok? ;)

I don't have any more shows on the agenda, so there will be plenty of time to make beads and jewelry. My goals for the winter include getting on the Etsy shop and listing more items. I'm applying for at least one show this spring that I know of so far, so once my schedule gets firmed up, I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for all your support in 2008, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in 2009!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails