Welcome to A Hot Piece of Glass!

WELCOME to my colorful corner of the world! I write here about the things I make, in glass, fiber, metals, and whatever else I can find to play with!

**And if you want to read more about me, check out Adventures In Living!, my personal blog, or The ScooterMom, where I write about my adventures on two wheels! If you're interested in medieval, ancient and Renaissance glass, check out my history blog, The Medieval Glassworker!**

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Postcard Swap!

It's summer. It's too hot for just about everything, including melting glass. Yes, it's true.
BUT.
I am suffering. I need, NEED to make some art.
This is becoming a desperate situation, folks.

So, I am going to give Beth Nicholl's Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap a go.

It's a quarterly swap of postcard-sized artwork based on a central theme. This quarter, the theme is, "Discover".

Hmmm....so far, I'm thinking travel, childhood, searching, mysteries.....I haven't settled on what I'm going to do yet, so I am letting ideas percolate a little longer before I get started.

Sometimes it's fun to do something completely different. I opted not to be involved in the latest round of the Bead Soup Blog Party, mostly because I wanted a break from making jewelry. And I do sew, and I think this will be a great way to branch out a little with my sewing/mixed-media skills.

I'll post pictures when I'm done, and when I receive my partner's postcard (THAT part is so exciting! This is a totally international swap!).

Until then, keep creating....and if you want to join the swap, too, click the link above, or the button on the sidebar!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails